Oct 29, 2018
In this “Ask Me Anything” (AMA) episode, Peter answers a wide
range of questions from readers and podcast listeners. Bob Kaplan,
Peter’s head analyst, asks the questions.
This also marks the first video release of the podcast. You can
find it on YouTube (https://youtu.be/kzs7GgxR_FQ)
and the website (peterattiamd.com/ama03).
If you have any questions for the next AMA, please submit them
to the AMA section on the website (peterattiamd.com).
- What references ranges does Peter consider too broad on lab
- What aspect of women’s health is the least studied/understood?
- What are your thoughts on fasting and ketosis for females?
- Advice for medical students and residents, how to get through
it, and optimize their time while in med school [38:00];
- What is Peter’s opinion on the best way to monetize a podcast
to make it sustainable? [47:45];
- What are you looking to achieve and monitor with your blood
glucose monitor? [57:15];
- Thoughts on lithium supplementation? [1:08:15];
- Insights about berberine? [1:16:00];
- Why does Peter take a baby aspirin? What does the science say?
- How do you use HR variability as a metric in your practice
and/or in your own personal use? Sleep, pre/post exercise, pre/post
eating, every morning readiness? [1:23:25];
- With the emergence of “the coconut oil is pure poison” article,
can you shed some light on saturated fat in the literature and the
types of studies done specifically on coconut oil? [1:38:45];
- Would you discuss the recent meta studies that claim that
moderate carbohydrate intake may be best for health?
- What is the number one recommendation/habit you would suggest
every person add to their daily regimen (besides physical activity)
for wholesome health? [1:42:45];
- What does it mean if your body has a harder time getting into
ketosis via fasting than it used to (testing using a Precision
- Why are you taking Zetia and Lipitor? Are you mitigating risk
based on your APOE4? Or is there something else going on?
- What will your book be about and what is the expected release
- What are your thoughts on nicotinamide riboside supplementation
for longevity? [1:49:30];
- Which brand of supplements have you found to be effective?
- Are you currently accepting new patients? And how do I find a
‘Peter Attia clone’ in my area? [1:56:20];
- Bob’s personal experience with Peter as a doctor
- Can you tell us more about the latest and best of APOE4?
Learn more at www.PeterAttiaMD.com