May 13, 2019
In this “Ask Me Anything” (AMA) episode, Peter answers a wide
range of questions from readers and podcast listeners. Bob Kaplan,
Peter’s head of research, asks the questions. If you’re listening
on a podcast player, you’ll be able to hear a preview of the
If you’re a subscriber, you can watch or listen to this full
episode on our website at the AMA #6 show notes page.
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently building a private RSS feed that
will allow subscribers to listen uninterrupted on the podcast
player of their choice. This will be released shortly.
Questions are pulled from the AMA section on the website
subscriber is welcome to submit questions.
- Vitamin supplementation: Is it necessary if you eat a balanced
- Antioxidants: What does current science have to say about
antioxidants in food and supplements? [9:00];
- How do you break a fast of more than three days? [17:15];
- Does a morning black coffee break a fast? In other words, does
black coffee raise insulin levels? [22:15];
- When intermittent fasting, does the placement of the “feeding
window” matter? [25:30];
- Is it better to fast before or after a planned food binge
(e.g., Thanksgiving)? [28:30];
- Fasting protocol: Do you have a specific protocol to recommend?
- Time management: How do you manage your time between work,
family, and your many personal interests? [35:45];
- Problem solving: Can you breakdown your process of
- For those looking to gain a better understanding of
biochemistry, pharmacology, etc., do you have any good textbooks or
(online) resources to recommend? [49:00];
- What are some of your favorite podcasts that you listen to?
- What is your favorite animal? [54:45]; and
Learn more at www.PeterAttiaMD.com
Connect with Peter on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram.